Update - The Purchasing Office will no longer be issuing State Liability Travel Cards, as travel purchases can be charged on the LaCarte Card.
Instructions for obtaining a State Liability LaCarte Purchasing/Travel Card
All program participants, i.e. cardholders and cardholder approvers are required to complete an online certification class, annually, receiving a passing grade of at least 90 in order to receive a new LaCarte Card (Travel Card), renew a LaCarte Card or remain as a cardholder approver. Employees should discuss their need for a state liability procurement card with their immediate supervisor as this person is responsible for completing the cardholder approval training.
The following three documents must be completed by the cardholder and turned in to Purchasing Office before a state liability purchasing card will be issued.
1. Cardholder application form
2. Procurement Card Certification- see below for online certification training
3. Cardholder agreement form – You must initial each block and sign the last page.
The following two documents must be completed by the approver and turned in to Purchasing Office before a state liability travel card will be issued to the cardholder. (NOTE: The approver only has to complete certification once a year.)
1. Approver Certification – see below for online certification training
2. Approver agreement form – You must initial each block and sign the last page.
Instructions for online certification training for cardholder and approver:
- Training is done through the state LEO system. If you do not have your LEO User ID you can request one from Human Resources or email Charlene Hamilton or Shirley Sam
- Once the user id is obtained, the course is located on the State of Louisiana’s webpage.
- Once you are logged in, click on My Training and using the search function type in: travel card. There are three courses to choose from. Choose the appropriate course. (Persons who are both a cardholder and an approver must complete both courses). Each course takes approximately 30 minutes. A test will be given after the course is completed. You and the approver must past with a 90% to receive a state liability travel card. Print a copy of your certificate to be forwarded to Administrative Services.
ALL DOCUMENTS MUST BE TURNED IN TO THE PURCHASING OFFICE FOR A CARD TO BE ISSUED
LaCarte/Travel Card Presentation (4/4/17)