Banner Requisition Entry
Departments will begin entering requisitions in Banner on Tuesday, Sept. 5. As of Friday, Aug. 25, the Office of Purchasing will no longer accept paper requisitions. Purchase requisitions within the timeframe of Aug. 25 through Monday, Sept. 4, will be entered online once Banner requisition entry is available on Sept. 5. Use your LaCarte card for emergency purchases until Sept. 5, or contact the Office of Purchasing at 482-5396.
Directions for Requisition Entry
As of Tuesday, Sept. 5, 2017, use the following instructions to begin a purchase requisition in Banner. Request access to Banner Finance through the Help Desk.
- Log into ULink and click on the Budget and Finance tab on the left side of your screen.
- In the Purchasing section, click on the Vendor Inquiry link.
- Search for the vendor ID. (If you cannot find the vendor, you will need to submit a request to add the vendor into Banner before submitting a purchase requisition. Submit the Vendor Information Form to Purchasing with a completed W-9 from the Vendor to receive your Vendor ID number.)
- Once you have the vendor ID, log into ULink.
- Click on the Budget and Finance tab.
- In the Purchasing section, click on the Requisition Entry link.
- Fill in fields and follow prompts to submit your purchase requisition.
Training for Requisition Entry
Register for a Training
- Register for a training on Continuing Education's website.
- At the right top of the screen, click on “Login/Create Account.”
- If you already have a profile, you can sign in. If you do not have a profile with Continuing Education, click “Create New Profile” and follow the prompts to setup an account.
- In the search block at the right top of the screen, type “Requisition” and Click “Go.”
- Links to both training courses "Requisition Approvals" and "Requisition Entry and Vendor Inquiry" will appear. Click on the course you want to attend to view the available sessions.
- Select the session you want to attend and click on “ADD TO CART >.”
- A window will pop up and ask for your ULID, CLID, department name and supervisor’s name. Enter in your information and click "Submit."
- In the top right of the screen, click on "View Cart." Click “Checkout ” in the pop-up window.
- A shopping cart page will display with your course details. If correct, click "Checkout" at the bottom of the page to complete your registration.
- You may print your confirmation by clicking the “Print Confirmation” link. You will receive an email confirmation of your registration.