When traveling on official University business, one of the following may be utilized:
- State-Owned Vehicle- The University no longer loans or rents vehicles. If a vehicle is needed for travel, please utilize the listed state contract vehicle rental programs.
- Personally Owned Vehicle – (Effective October 1, 2022) For In-state travel, the 99-mile reimbursement limitation has been removed with caveat that a state-owned vehicle or rented vehicle should be used prior to a personal vehicle when mileage exceeds 99 miles. Mileage will be reimbursed at the GSA Rate.
- Rented Motor Vehicles
- Group Motor Coach Travel - Charter Bus Services are handled through STM Driven, LLC. All requests for Charter Bus Transportation should be submitted through the Short's Portal or by emailing STM Driven directly (email@example.com).
- Student Driver - Departments requiring students to drive a personal, rental or university vehicle must follow the Standard Operating Procedures for Undergraduate Students Drivers.
•No person is authorized to operate or travel in a state owned or rental vehicle unless that person is an employee of the University.
•All employees must complete the driver safety training course if operating a motor vehicle for University purposes. For information or to sign up for the course: go to the Office of Environmental Health & Safety.
•In order to receive reimbursement, you must have an approved Chrome River Pre-Approval.
• Hold Harmless Form is required for any student that is NOT an employee and is riding in a state owned or rented vehicle. This is also required when utilizing parking and transit vehicles and busses.
For complete documentation on vehicle travel regulations, please see PPM 49 Travel Policy.