2017-2018 Fiscal Year-End Deadlines & Instructions
As we approach the end of the fiscal year, it is necessary to establish the following deadlines related to budgetary control.
Fiscal year-end deadlines
Friday, April 13
- Last day to submit purchasing requisitions for the 2017-2018 fiscal year to be paid with Operating Funds (Fund 1000)
- Last day to submit travel requests for the 2017-2018 fiscal year to be paid with Operating Funds (Fund 1000)
Thursday, May 31
Last day to submit purchasing requisitions for Dean’s Enhancement Funds and Professorship Funds
Tuesday, June 5
Last day to use LaCarte/travel cards for Operating Funds (Fund 1000)
Wednesday, June 6
All Lacarte/travel cards are turned off
Friday, June 22
Last day to order items from all standing orders
Friday, June 30
Last day to receive goods and services to be paid with 2017-2018 fiscal year funds
Tuesday, July 3
Reimbursement requests and receipts for travel, special meals, and invited guests due for 2017-2018 fiscal year
Thursday, July 5
- Receiving reports due to Accounts Payable
- LaCarte cards reactivated for 2018-2019 fiscal year.
Monday, July 16
LaCarte/travel logs for June expenditures due
Requisitions and purchase orders
- Purchasing Requisitions for goods and services funded with operating funds for the 2017-2018 fiscal year must be received by Administration & Finance no later than April 13, 2018, except for the Deans’ Enhancement departments and Professorship Funds which must be received by this office no later than May 31. All other purchases funded by General Restricted Funds, Grant Funds, and Auxiliary Funds will continue to follow normal procedures subject to the availability of funds in the requesting department.
- Please remember that goods and services must be received by Saturday, June 30, 2018 to be paid from 2017-2018 Funds. Receiving Reports must be submitted to Accounts Payable by Tuesday, July 5, for payment to be made from 2017-2018 funds.
- All Standing Orders must be closed by Friday, June 22. Please prepare Purchase Order Change Order (PUR-114) to close the balance of Standing Orders taking into account invoices that have not been paid.
- For Operating Funds, please review your existing requisitions and purchase orders where funds are committed to determine if goods and services will be received by Saturday, June 30, 2018. If not, contact the Purchasing Office to cancel the requisition or purchase order or request to extend to FY 2018.
- Requisitions for goods and services funded with 2018-2019 funds must be entered in Banner with a July 1, 2018 transaction date. If the date is entered prior to July 1, the system will assume that funding is for 2017-2018. If the requisition is submitted with incorrect dates, it will be necessary to recall the requisition, revise the transaction date to July 1, delete all items and reenter.
- Purchase requisitions received after April 18, 2018, requiring formal bidding will be issued a purchase order in FY 2019.
- Purchases/travel made via departmental LaCarte cards will be allowed to your Operating Fund departments (including the Deans’ Enhancement departments) through May 5, 2018.
- All Lacarte/travel cards will be turned off on June 4, 2018 to facilitate the fiscal year-end closing process. If staff/faculty will travel during the month of June and will use a Lacarte card for those expenditures, please contact the Office of Purchasing so that the card can be turned on during the travel or an exception can be made. Lacarte/travel cards will be reactivated following the year-end close approximately July 5. Lacarte/travel card logs for the July 5 statement will be due on July 15 with no exceptions.
Travel/special meals/invited guest(s) reimbursements
- Travel requests for travel taken prior to July 1, 2018 and funded with Operating Funds (Fund 1000) for the 2017-2018 fiscal year must be received by Administration and Finance by April 13, 2018 except for the Deans’ Enhancement accounts, which must be received by May 31. Travel requests funded by General Restricted Funds, Grant Funds, and Auxiliary Funds will continue to follow normal procedures subject to the availability of funds in the requesting department.
- All travel/special meals/invited guest(s) reimbursement requests and receipts funded with 2017-2018 funds must be submitted to Purchasing within 15 days of the travel/special meal, but no later than July 16, 2018 for 2017-2018.
Contacts for Questions or More Information
- General Purchasing, Lark Chartier, 482-6239
- Professional Services, Celena Tilbury, 482-9051
- LaCarte Cards, Josie Mariano, 482-6243
- Travel, Kassie Clark, 482-6250
- Banner, Kristi Montet, 482-5201
- Construction and NIRC, Roxanne Formeller, 482-2955
- General Questions, Judy Harvey, 482-5396
- Exemptions, Marie C Frank, 482-2148