The LaCarte Purchasing card MAY NOT BE USED for the following purchases:
- Alcoholic beverages
- Cash advances (including cash refunds and gift cards)
- Consultant and speaker fees / honorariums / travel
- Controlled substances
- Entertainment costs (football tickets, etc.)
- Food and meals (unless an approved Special Meals Request is provided)
- IT data devices (tablets, netbooks, smart phones)
- Software over $100
- Travel (gas, lodging, restaurants, airline tickets, etc.)
- Personal purchases
- Clothing (anything wearable)
- Promotional items (including awards and trophies) - Unless an approved is PUR-106 form is provided.
- Use of PayPal - Unless an approved PUR-105 form is provided.
Exceptions must be approved in writing PRIOR to purchasing the prohibited item.